Monday, August 8, 2016

13 Goddesses Challenge - Week #11: AFRICAN, Back from Holidays & Last Art for July

Helloooo!
Back from my short vacation!
We have spent our time touring, so I didn't have much time for making art.

I am showing you some pieces I made before leaving and the only one I was able to complete while there. :)

The challenge
A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM,
hosted by ShadowHeartCollective
is over.
It has been an amazing adventure that made me think of keep going on with daily collages.

These are a couple of the last prompts.

King

Memory

And here is a Mermaid I made while on vacation.

August is going to be a month of new projects!
I will write about them in my next posts.

And now, on with our Goddesses!

This week's
prompt is
 
AFRICAN
I chose
YEMAYà
 Mother of all the Orishas of Yoruba religion, she is worshipped both in Africa and in Central and South America.
She is the feminine principle of creation and patron of rivers and oceans.
Her name is a contraction of the words "Iye omo eja", meaning "Mother whose children are like fish".
I have been in close contact with the Ocean during my vacation in Gran Canaria and felt the nourishing power of Yemayà. :)
What do you think? :)

Now, show me your Goddess!
You can join anytime until December 31st, 2016! 
(I will add the InLinkz tool as soon as I come back home!)
Check out the guidelines and weekly prompts HERE.
Enjoy and see you next time!
 

9 comments:

  1. She is beautiful and my favorite one you have done so far. Love that little mermaid too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is priceless!! Wow! Love her!! Hope you had a great time away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your African goddess and the journal pages are great. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the mermaid is super cute with her swirly tail and long flowing hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable mermaid...all wonderful work!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous. I really like memory. The eyes on the mermaid really sets her face off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome home! Beautiful work and nice to meet your latest interesting goddess!

    ReplyDelete